Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To sum it all up.

Here's my final review for this ever awesome game!:


But first, let me tell you a short summary about my Wonderking experience.^^,


I think it was august last year, the first time I found out about this game while I was browsing at the net. At that time, the game was still under development and still not released in the Philippines yet, they already have an official site and a forum boards. Since I am a fan of 2D online games, what I did is to wait for the game to come out so I could try it. While waiting, I made my self busy by participating in some forum activities and discussions.


December 2009, just few days after the Christmas season. Closed Beta Testing has started and all the wait was over. At the beginning, what I've expected is that I will get bored easily because it was just a 2D game like the other online games that I've tried. During my gameplay, there was a little disappointment about some bugged quests and other parts of the game. But I understand since the game was still in beta testing and can be improved during the official release. Some events was held and many prizes were given away. I actually enjoyed participating in some contests including the "Bring Me" event by GM TragOul. Before the CBT ended, my character kujeh(a Slayer) reached level 50.


Second week of January 2010, CBT has ended and we need to wait again for the Open Beta. The WKPH has conducted a cooldown phase so that they will have the time to fix some of the bugs and develop the game. I somehow get a little bit disappointed because it almost took a month since the CBT has ended yet OBT was not yet released. While the game is down for the cooldown phase, GM TragOul made a chatroom via 24IM for WKPH players so that we could chat with him and with our fellow wonderers as well. I visit the chat room almost everyday to check for an update about the progress of the game.


In that chat room, I discovered some friends and we even formed a guild already so that it will be made in the game as soon as it starts. I've enjoyed almost every minute of chatting with them and I almost forgot that I was in that chat room just to wait for the game. It proves that Wonderking PH has a very nice and friendly community.


February 23, 2010, WKPH team gave us a major surprise! OBT has started and another long wait was over!


When OBT has started, I made an acolyte class character and I had fun in using it. Some bugs in the game are now fixed but some are not. But it's okay since it didn't affected my gameplay. That's how I started to get used in the game.


I think it's enough with the long story!:)


So heres my real review for the game:

Since I didn't experienced to much inconvenience in the game, I think I'll just focus more on the positive sides. ^^ Here it is!

  • First, I like the colors of the game, the maps and sceneries. It doesn't make me go dizzy unlike in some online games that I've played.
  • The town concepts are impressive. The themes, colors, NPCs, etc.
  • Questing is fun! You can also learn some of the basics with just questing. The rewards are nice too!
  • The cooking system is awesome too! You won't have to spend all your zed in buying HP and MP potions.
  • Crafting is very useful and easy to learn, although the collection of the materials are sometimes quite tough.
  • Party play is very effective because of the so called Party Points which can be exchanged in either zed or experience points.
  • Skill animations are very cool and not overdesigned.
  • and the most important, WKPH has a very friendly community!


All in all, this game is friggin' awwwsuuumm! and I can't stop loving it!


I would be very proud to recommend this game to other online gamers out there!



I am a proud WONDERER!

No comments:

Post a Comment